Basil Culinary Use:
Basil is the King of herbs when it comes to cooking and taste.
Use fresh leaves and flowers with:
• Avocado, Aubergines, Beans, Cabbage, Peppers, Salads, Tomatoes, Onion, Squash, Potato, Cucumber,
• Beef, Chicken, Fish, Lamb, Pork, Liver, Shellfish, Veal, Sausage,
• Cheese, Eggs, Omelets, Soufflés, Scrambled and Creamed eggs, Corn bread, Muffins, Stuffing,
• Asian dishes, Italian dishes, Mediterranean dishes,
• Salad dressings, Sauces, Pesto, Oils, Vinegars, Garnishing, Butters, Soups,
• Seeds soaked in water make a refreshing drink.
Basil Health Benefits:
Basil may be beneficial in the following cases:
• Lowers fever,
• Fatigue, Detoxifying,
• Steep a few leaves in wine for several hours as a tonic.
• Mild sedative action, Insomnia, Anxiety, Antidepressant properties,
• Headaches, Migraines.
• Acne, Skin infections,
• Antiseptic, Rub on insect bites, and stings to relieve itching.
• Made into a cough syrup with honey and taken as an infusion for colds.
• Improves digestion,
• Nausea, Abdominal cramps, Gastroenteritis,
• Against Bacterial infections and intestinal parasites.