Apple scented low growing with fine foliage and flowers similar to that of German chamomile. Can be used to ‘lawn’ low traffic areas. The flowers are used as a tea tonic.cc. Ground cover. H10cm W:60cm. 12cm, 17cm.
In the garden:
• German Chamomile ( M. recutita )
• Annual, Frost hardy,
• Height: ±60 cm; Spread: ±40 cm.
• Roman Chamomile ( A. nobilis )
• Perennial, Groundcover, Evergreen, Frost hardy,
• Height: ±30 cm; Spread: ±40 cm,
• Chamomile lawns can ad interest to the garden.
• Full sun to semi-shade; Well drained, composted soil,
• Pick fresh flowers throughout the year,
• Grow it near ailing plants to revive them.
• Infuse and spray on seedlings to prevent "damping off" and on compost to activate decomposition.
• Vegetables: Plant with Cabbage, Cauliflower, Onion, Cucumber,
• Herbs: Plant with Mint,
• Attracting Beneficial insects:
• Hoverfly, Wasp, Lacewing and Ladybirds.
• Add a strong infusion to bath water for a soothing soak,
• Use as a facial steam to cleanse and soften the skin,
• Make a strong tea to soak hot, tired feet,
• Use as an eye bath or tea bag compress, to reduce inflammation and eliminate fatigue shadows,
• Use regularly as a rinse to lighten and condition fair hair.
Chamomile may be beneficial in the following cases:
• Restlessnss, headaches, anxiety, Stress, Insomnia, Gentle Sedative, Convulsions, Travel sickness, Hair loss,
• Addiction - antidepressant,
• Phobias - release tension and induce a feeling of calm,
• Guilain-Barre Syndrome - as a Nervine it strengthens the nervous sytem and can be used alongside conventional drugs,
• Shingles, Neuralgia - topical,
• Hyperactivity in children, ADD, ADHD.
Skin • Anti-inflammatory,
• Eczema, Dermatitis, psoriasis, urticaria,
• Use in a bath to relieve sun- or wind-burnt skin.
Lymphatic System • Early stages of fever,
• Hay fever, Inflammation, Sore throat and mouth.
• Liver disorders.
• Pin and thread worms,
• Peptic ulcers, Gastro-intestinal spasm - calms down the digestive system, Inflammation, Indigestion.
• Pre-menstrual tension, Candida albicans.
Musculo / Skeletal System
Preparation and dosage:
• Drink a cup as and when required.
• 5-10 ml, three times per day