Calming, soothing and relaxing ... this is our experience when we encounter the beautiful purple flower bracts and fragrance of Spanish Lavender. It has a compact growth habit and therefore ideal to grow in containers.
In the garden
• Perennial, Evergreen, Frost hardy.
• Full sun; Well drained, composted soil.
• Pick fresh leaves and flowers throughout the year.
• Strong scent and deep color attracts butterflies from a distance, and beneficial insects like Lacewing and Ladybirds,
• Vegetables: Cabbage,Cauliflower
• Use the flowers to flavour Biscuits, Sugar, jelly and vinegars,:
• Alternate layers of sugar and dried flowers and seal it up in canning jars.
• Lavender biscuits: With Rose scented geranium and lemon zest.
Use the fresh or dried flowers in:
• Herb Pillows, and
• Linen Sachets, where it makes a good moth repellent.
Lavender may be beneficial in the following cases:
Nervous System • Relaxation, insomnia, headache, Migraine, sedative, antidepressant, Stress, anxiety,
• Phobias - release tension and induce a feeling of calm,
• Encephalitis - on a cold compress and used to bathe the forehead to soothe and encourage healing,
• Shingles, Neuralgia - topical,
• Anti-inflammatory, Burns, Stings,
• Antibacterial action helps to heal cuts,
• Eczema, psoriasis.
• Strengthens immune system, Antiviral.
• Hay fever, asthma,
• Colds and Flu.
• High blood pressure.
• Spastic colon (IBS)
Musculo / Skeletal System
• Topical for Muscle cramps and pains, bruising, Arthritis, gout.