Natural mosquito and insect repellent oil
• 3 cups vegetable oil,
• 1 cup of finely cut fresh Citronella leaves / ½ cup dried herbs.
• 1 cup of finely cut fresh Rose Geranium leaves / ½ cup dried herbs.
• 1 cup of finely cut fresh Southernwood leaves / ½ cup dried herbs.
1. Heat oil over a double boiler.
2. Add herbs and make sure all leaves are covered with oil.
3. Let it simmer for about 1 hour or longer.
4. Strain through a cloth.
5. Keep the oil in a glass container and apply oil to the skin when needed.
Other herbs that will add fragrance: Lavender
Natural Mosquito and Insect Repellent Spray
• Follow the same steps as preparing a Tincture, this time you can add all the different herbs in one container to make a mixed Tincture.
Use the same selection of herbs as for the Oil preparation.
Spray the preparation on exposed skin when needed