In the garden:
•Evergreen, Frost hardy.
•± 25cm; Spread: ±30cm.
• Greek Oregano (Oregano vulgare):
•Excellent culinary herb,
•Dark green leaves with white flowers.
• Hot-and-Spicy Oregano:
•Great oregano taste with a hot chillie combination,
•Great addition to any dish.
• Variegated Oregano (O. vulgare "Country Cream") :
•Green and white foliage,
•Decorative groundcover that can be used in cooking.
• Golden Oregano (O. vulgare "Aureum"):
•Beautifull yellow leaves make it a very decorative groundcover among other herbs,
•Mild Oregano taste make it suitable for a wide range of dishes.
• Full sun; Well drained, composted soil.
• Pick fresh leaves throughout the year.
•Plant with Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Cucumber, Peppers,
Use Oregano leaves and flowers with:
• Tomatoes, Chillies, Garlic, Onions, Olives,
• Beef, Chicken, Fish, Pork, Veal,
• Butters, Cheese, Eggs, Soups, Stews, Vinegars,
• Greek dishes, Italian dishes, Mexican dishes.
Oregano may be beneficial in the following cases:
• Natural antibiotic, antimicrobial,
• Contains Rosmarinic acid: antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Antiseptic: Treatment of mouth conditions, as a mouth was for inflammations of the mouth and throat,
• Headaches: especially when due to tension, may be relieved by a tea or by rubbing the forehead and temples with oil,
• Modest anticancer activity.
• Anti-bacterial (Natural antibiotic),
• Externally for infected cuts and wounds.
• Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Candida albicans.
• Strengthen immune due to antimicrobial properties.
• Diaphoretic combined with expectorant properties: Coughs, Colds and Influenza, Minor feverish illneses,
• Topical for Bronchitis, asthma.
• Carminative, Indigestion, Flatulence, Stomach upsets,
• Antimicrobial: Candida albicans.
• Painful menstruation, Stimulates menstrual flow.
Musculo / Skeletal System
• Infused oil can be applied externally for rheumatic complaints, arthritis and muscular pain.
Preparation and dosage:
• Leaves and flowers.
• Drink three times per day,
• Also use as mouthwash.
• 1-2 ml three times a day.
• Do not use during pregnancy.