Green leafy plant. The leaves have a peppery taste and add interest to sandwiches and fresh salads. Likes rich well composted, friable soil and needs plenty of water. Grows best in winter.
Annual. H:50cm W:30cm. 12cm, 17cm
In the garden ;
• Annual, Frost tolerant.
• Cut flower stalks to encourage leaf growth.
•±1m in flower; Spread: ±40cm,
• Full sun; Well drained, composted soil.
• Pick fresh leaves and flowers throughout the year.
Use the pleasant, peppery, nutty flavour of Rocket leaves with:
• Salads, Sandwiches, Sauces, Soups, Stir frys, Tomatoes.
• Lightly steamed as a vegetable or with other vegetables.
• Add leaves to the end of the cooking process to retain flavour.