Rose scented Geranium
A fast growing plant with highly rose scented leaves bearing small mauve flowers in summer. The Geranium is also well known for a variety of smells such as, rose, mint, coconut, citrus and nutmeg.
Perennial. H: 80 cm W: spread 80cm. 12cm, 17cm.
In the garden:
• Perennial, Evergreen, Frost tolerant.
• Highly rose scented leaves.
• Small mauve flowers in summer.
•±1m; Spread: ±80 cm.
• Full sun; Well drained, composted soil.
• Pick fresh leaves and flowers throughout the year.
Use Rose scented geranium leaves with:
• Sorbet, Punch, Summer drinks.
• Use a strong infusion to flavour sauces, custards, jellies, buns, water ices.
• Herb butter for cakes and sweet biscuits, spread on bread and scones.
• Add flowers to salads, use as garnish,.
• Use in potpourri and pillows for a relaxing and soothing lemon-rose fragrance.
• Add to bathwater, Bath Smoothie.
• Infuse as a mild astringent to clean and help circulation of pale, sluggish complexion.
Rose Scented Geranium may be beneficial in the following cases:
• Phobias - release tension and induce a feeling of calm
• Antidepressant, anxiety.
• Eczema, Shingles.
• Varicose veins.
• Liver disorders.
• Menopause, PMS.
Preparation and dosage:
• Add about 3-4 fresh leaves, or 1 tablespoon dried leaves, per cup of boiling water, let it stand for 10-15 minutes before drinking,
• Drink up to 3 cups per day.