Braai Rosemary "Tuscany Blue"
Small aromatic shrub with small spiky dark green leaves and blue flowers. The leaves are borne on long upright, straight stems. Hardy, prefers chalky well drained soil. The leaves are used in Mediterranean cuisine. The stems can be stripped of leaves and used as skewers for kebabs and sosaties.
Shrub. H:1.2m W:80cm. 12cm, 17cm.
In the garden:
McConnel's Blue :
•Upright growth habit with Blue flowers. Height ±1m Spread ±80 cm
•Upright growth habit with Pink flowers. Height ±1m Spread ±80 cm
•Upright growth habit with White flowers. Height ±1m Spread ±80 cm
•Very strong upright growth habit with soft blue flowers - ideal for kebab sticks. Height ±1.5m Spread ±80 cm
• Cascading growth habit, ideal for hanging baskets. Height ±50cm Spread ±80 cm
• Full sun; Well drained, composted soil,
• Pick fresh leaves throughout the year,
• Vegetables: Plant with Broccoli, Brussels Sprout, Cabbage, Carrots.
• Herbs: Plant with Sage.
• Do not plant with: Potatoes.
Use freshly picked Rosemary leaves:
• Add in at the beginning of the cooking process and use sparingly due to its strong taste.
• Potatoes, Roast vegetables.
• Chicken, Game, Lamb, Veal.
• Use stripped stems as skewers for kebabs with meat and vegetables, strawberries.
• French dishes, Italian dishes, Stews, Casseroles, Soups, Stuffing.
• Salad dressing, Sauces, Herb Butters, Marinades, Oils.
• Biscuits, Baked or Stewed Apples.
• Rosemary has a strong uplifting fragrance to stimulate and invigorate.
• Dried leaves add fragrance to potpourri and insect-repellant sachets.
• Use it in a herbal bath to stimulate circulation and ease sore muscles.
• Use in Herbal Bath Smoothies.
• The fragrance stimulates concentration.
Rosemary may be beneficial in the following cases:
• Improves memory.
• Stress: strengthens the adrenal system, which is weakened by stress.
• Neuralgia - will improve circulation in the affected area and encourage healing.
• Headaches, Migraine, Fainting, Mild Depression, nervous exhaustion.
• Use as a rinse for dandruff and dry hair.
• Anti-microbial, use as a topical skin cleanser for infections and skin disorders
• Antiviral, Strengthens Immune system.
• Colds and influenza.
• Thins and eliminate congestion, particularly in the sinuses.
• Low blood pressure.
• Liver disorders.
Musculo / Skeletal System
• Arthritis, gout.
• Muscle cramps and pains.
• Not suitable to be taken internally in medicinal doses when pregnant.