Round leaves with tooth shaped edges and small flowers form on spikes. The Salad Burnet is used in salads and dressings. Perennial. H:30cm W:spread 20cm. 12cm, 17cm.
In the garden:
• Perennial, Evergreen, Frost tolerant.
•±30cm; Spread: ±20cm.
• Full sun; Well drained, composted soil.
• An attractive border plant and can be grown successfully in pots.
• Pick fresh leaves and flowers throughout the year.
• Herbs: Plant with Thyme, Mint.
Use Salad Burnet leaves only when fresh. Leaves have a nutty, cucumber scent and flavour and can be used with:
• Fresh vegetables.
• Casseroles, Herb butters, Salads, Salad dressing, Sandwiches, Soups, Soft Cheeses, Sauces, Vinegars, White sauce, Cheese sauce.
• Garnish in summer drinks.
• Combines well with Rosemary and French Tarragon,.