A vigorous plant with fern-like foliage and yellow button, flower clusters. Makes a good cut flower and dries well. Very effective insect repellant. Good compost activator. Companion plant with fruit trees, roses, grapes and cabbages. Needs good drainage and room to spread. Medicinal.
Shrub. H:1.2m W:1m. 12cm, 17cm.
In the garden:
• Perennial, Evergreen, Frost tolerant,The grey-green, finely divided, ferny foliage and heads of yellow, button-like flowers add interest to the garden.
Height: •±,1.5m; Spread: ±80cm.
• Full sun; Well drained, composted soil.
• Pick fresh leaves and flowers throughout the year.
• Fruits: Plant near fruit trees to deter Fruit Moth, Fruit Fly, Raspberry.
• Vegetables: Plant with Cabbage, Peppers, Potatoes.
• Ornamentals: Plant with Roses.
• Attracting Beneficial insects: Ladybird, Various Natural predators.
• As a Skin freshener.
• Dried tansy mixed with dried elder leaves and placed in a bowl around the house is of great benefit to people who are asthmatic or allergy prone and who cannot tolerate commercial
• Produces a yellow/green woollen dye.
Tansy may be beneficial in the following cases:
• Externally a lotion will be useful in cases of scabies.
• As a Bitter.
• Vermifuge / Anthelmintic: An effective remedy for use in ridding the digestive tract of infestations of worms, especially roundworm and threadworm.
• As a bitter it will stimulate the digestive process and ease dyspepsia.
• Emmenagogue to stimulate menstruation.
Musculo / Skeletal System
• Good remedy for Gout.
Preparation and dosage:
• Drink one cup, twice a day.
• 1-2 ml three times a day.
• Limit the internal use to three successive days, as its continued use over a period of time should be avoided, as some of the constituents of the oil are dangerous in large dosage.
• Avoid during pregnancy.
• Ants, Aphids, Beetles, Cabbage Maggot and Moth, Cucumber Beetle, Cutworms, Fleas, Flies, Fruit Moth, Mice, Potato Beetle, Squash bug, Squash vine borer, White fly.
• Rub leaves into the coat of dogs and cats to prevent fleas.
• Hang leaves indoors to deter flies,• insect sprays.
• Sprinkle chopped leaves and flowers to deter ants and mice.