These can be added to a winter feast bouquet, tucked into napkin rings, added to sprays on side tables and tucked into the ribbons tied on presents as extra gifts from the garden.
• Rosemary represents remembrance for special friends.
• Lavender is a fragrant scent of the sweetness of life.
• Marjoram is for joy, as is its cousin Oregano.
• Mint is a reminder of home.
• Sage speaks of virtue and long life.
• Thyme is for courage to face the darkness of the long winter nights.
All of these can be made into bouquets or tussie-mussies to be given to friends, hung on the door handles of neighbors’ front doors, or the bedroom door handles of visiting house guests.